Monday, November 12, 2012

Pilgrimage #17: Vivian's Millennium Cafe

WOW. It has been a very long time, Foodster followers. My sincere apologies.

I'll quickly fill you all in. I moved and my dad visited. Those things put me off the usual schedule I follow. SO, there will be two posts shared, one today and one tomorrow.

TODAY! While my dad was here, I finally decided to try a local breakfast place for which I had heard several praises. Vivian's Millennium Cafe is open early for breakfast and lunch only, with a cute back patio for outside seating. Very charming, and the servers were equally kind.

We visited twice while Dad was here, and forgot to snap some pics of the second visit. But here's the first!

My dad went with a traditional breakfast of lightly smoked lox, scrambled eggs, and a bowl of grits! (We southerners love our grits, I'll tell ya.)


Other than the grits needing a little salt added, it was a pretty commendable breakfast. The lox was very nice and the eggs were fluffy.

I went for something on the sweet side, and was wowed by my portion. I ordered their freshly made Belgian waffle, which comes with strawberry and powdered sugar.


Filled the whole plate surface, it did. And quite tasty. It was clear the waffle was made in the kitchen. Puffy, slightly crispy, and a bit sweet. It almost didn't need syrup. Although I did add some ;)

The second trip, we tried their lox scramble with spinach, feta, and egg whites. Also very good. And the side of bacon was nice and crunchy. Btw, they have their own avocado tree right in the yard. Can't get any fresher than that!

Vivian's is a great place, within walking distance of many other shopping locations on Ventura Blvd. (Ralph's, Marshalls, Jamba Juice). It's not a super different, increadibly unique breakfast joint, but if you want a tasty breakfast with great service in a quiet outdoor setting, it's definitely worth a shot.

Be sure to come back for a treat of a post tomorrow! A new friend of mine took me along to a Bavarian place where much merriment was had! See you soon.

Happy Eatings,
The Lone Foodster

*Vivian's on Yelp! and Urbanspoon:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/vivians-millenium-cafe-studio-city


Vivian's Millenium Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment