Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pilgrimage #22: Charlie's Pantry

This week's eatery here: http://charliespantry.com/

TOO LONG.

That's how long it's been since my last post. I know. I'm working on that...my apologies.

BUT, Mom visited LA again recently. And along with that came much dining! Much amazing dining, because two ladies out on the town can be sure of one thing...the LA pantry is full.

Speaking of pantry, we visited this little eatery twice in one visit when Mom was last here. And we returned yet again for this recent visit. Needless to say, we both love it. Charlie's Pantry is a European-styled, breakfast and lunch cafe. There are plentiful foreign drinks and confections, as well as freshly made food every day.

Mom and I could easily share one of their sandwiches. So we did, and got two sides.

We chose "The Milano" sandwich, a lightly breaded (organic) chicken cutlet on Ciabatta bread with lettuce, roasted red peppers, provolone cheese and a tasty smoked paprika mayo.





Great! And just a little kickin'! Yup, there was a slight spice in that paprika mayo. The sandwich was a bit messy and tough to eat, but the flavor was awesome nonetheless.

For our first side, some Balsamic Brussels sprouts.



Browned and cooked to perfection. I love a good sprout of Brussels, but these were tremendous. Incredibly flavorful, tangy, and even a few crispy bits. The good stuff ;)

The second side was a grilled veggie mixture with peppers, onions, zucchini and squash.



Super yummy as well. I couldn't decide which of the sides was my favorite. It's a good thing we shared!

OH, and I've discovered this natural soda I've not yet tried before!



Bombastic. I want to buy a truck of them.

So, the only bad thing about CP is that I can only go when Mom visits, haha. Meaning...it's a teeny bit on the pricy side and doesn't quite fit into a frugal lunching budget. But a really great experience of an eatery in any case, rare or frequent!

I look forward to my next parental visit so I may return to the Pantry!

Happy Eatings,
The Lone Foodster

P.S. I've plenty more posts a-comin'! Please come back soon.


Charlie's Pantry on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment